12701 Kiefer Boulevard and Grant Line Road
Sloughhouse, CA 95683
View us on Google Maps
Tuesday through Saturday
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day
Fees & Payments
Residents can drop off common household hazardous waste at the Kiefer Landfill Special Waste Facility free of charge. Businesses who qualify as a Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator (CESQG) must make an appointment by calling (916) 876-9458 and may pay for the disposal fees using cash, credit cards, or checks. Businesses may also apply for an account with Sacramento County by contacting Sacramento County's Consolidated Utilities Billing Services (CUBS) at (916) 875-5555. For more information regarding services provided to businesses, visit our Business and Commercial web page.
Acceptable/Unacceptable Materials brochure listing which types of materials are acceptable or unacceptable for the Kiefer Landfill Special Waste Facility.
Note: Maximum load limit is 15 gallons or 125 lbs. per trip.
Preparing your items:
- Keep products in original containers.
- Do not mix products.
- Make sure lids are tightly sealed.
- Label materials that are not in original containers.
- Place leaking containers in a larger, plastic container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Secure products upright in a cardboard box so that they do not tip over in transport.
- Transport products in the back of a pickup truck or in a car trunk. Ensure adequate ventilation.
Keep flammables out of direct sunlight and away from sources of heat, spark, flame, or ignition. Do not smoke on any County property.