Bulky Waste Pickup, by appointment only
Due to high demand, appointments for the Bulky Waste Pickup Service are limited. Service in some areas may not currently be available. Please check back often. Scheduling changes daily.
Residents in our service area receive:
- One bulky waste pickup per calendar year at no additional cost
- Pickup is limited to five (5) cubic yards or a pile about 8’ x 4’ x 4’, which is about the size of a pickup truck bed loaded to the top of the cab
- Larger piles are subject to additional costs
- Additional pickups may be made by appointment for $25 each
Acceptable Items: Bulky Waste Acceptable and Unacceptable Items brochure.
- E-Waste (TVs and computer monitors)*
- Universal Waste (household batteries, fluorescent light bulbs less than 4 feet, and cell phones)*
- Lawn/Tree/Shrub Trimmings
- Tires (no rims; maximum of 5)
- Lumber, pipes, and trimmings less than or equal to FOUR inches in diameter and FIVE feet in length.
*Place these items to the side of your pile.
- Commercial Waste
- Dirt, Rocks, and Bricks
- Glass Panes (accepted if broken into pieces, placed in a hard plastic container or cardboard box, and labeled "Glass")
- Vehicle Batteries
- Household Garbage
- Hot Ashes
- Heavy Materials (like auto bodies, engines, etc.)
- Hazardous Waste (like paint, oil, chemicals, etc.,)
- Beginning January 1, 2021, Treated Wood Waste (fence posts, railroad ties, pilings, decking, etc.,) will no longer be accepted in this program or at any County facilities. This material will need to be managed as hazardous waste and transported to a Class I hazardous waste landfill for disposal. For more information, visit https://dtsc.ca.gov/toxics-in-products/treated-wood-waste/.
Make an appointment:
To make an appointment for Bulky Waste Pickup, complete the online form. IMPORTANT! Please check your spam folder if you do not see the scheduling confirmation email in your email inbox or call 916-875-5555 to confirm.
Set Out Instructions:
- Place materials out no more than 24 hours before pick-up
- Place in front of your property line and on same side of street
- Keep pile clear of other objects, including cars
- Do not block sidewalks and traffic